July 31, 2018: CSC SPV and Minister of Health and Family Welfare signed an MoU
to implement the Ayushman Bharat scheme through 3 lakh Common Service Centers (CSCs)
across the country here at Sansad Bhawan in New Delhi on July 31 in the auspicious presence
of Hon’ Minister of Electronics & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad and
Shri Jagat Prakash Nadda, Hon’ Minister of Health and Family Welfare. Ayushman Bharat is
National Health Protection Scheme, which will cover over 10 crore poor vulnerable families
(approximately 50 crore beneficiaries) providing coverage upto 5 lakh rupees (per family per year)
for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization.
During the meeting, Hon’ Minister Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad said that, “Today,
I am very happy that CSC VLEs are going to be the soldiers of healthcare-Ayushman Bharat in India.
The identity and registrations of beneficiaries would be done through CSCs. I would like to congratulate
Shri J.P. Nadda that his ministry has chosen CSCs for the implementation of the largest healthcare scheme of the world.”
Praising the efforts of CSCs in improving healthcare Hon’ Minister said that, “CSCs efforts in Ayushman Bharat would
be a game-changer in our country. CSCs have done great efforts in improving menstrual hygiene of the country through Stree Swabhiman.”
Shri Jagat Prakash Nadda, Hon’ Minister of Health and Family Welfare said, “Today, the dream of Digital India
is getting big leap with Ayushman Bharat. In Ayushman Bharat, 55 Cr people would get benefitted with this revolutionary
healthcare scheme. The 3 lakh CSCs in 2.5 lakh Panchayat would be a great help in the implementation of the scheme.
” He added, “I am confident that CSCs would be a big milestone in the access of universal healthcare in our country.”
Benefits to Citizens through CSC Centres
- MoH&FW and CSC SPV came forward to implement the scheme through CSC centres.
- The beneficiary can visit the nearby CSCs across India to get the benefit of this scheme.
- CSCs will help a beneficiary to identify his name in the MoH&FW database and his entitlement for the scheme.
- CSCs will help the beneficiary to scan/upload his KYC documents for verification of his/her identity and claim his/her entitlement.
- The beneficiary will have the facility to print his/her Ayushman Scheme card through csc centres which will be his base source claim.
- CSCs will also provide requisite information about the scheme and
- promote it among citizens so that the maximum number of beneficiaries can avail the benefit.
- CSCs will get Rs 30 inclusive of tax for supporting beneficiary, identification, documents upload and printing a laminated card.
- The beneficiary will visit nearby CSC center to get check his/her entitlement for Ayushman Bharat Scheme
- CSC Centre will check the entitlement of the beneficiary and upload the requisite details and documents like Aadhaar Card, Ration Card, PAN Number, and others.
- CSC Centre will submit the details for verification to approver/state authority for verification and approval.
- MoH&FW has kept an SLA to get this approved in particular timelines and revert on real-time basis.
- The beneficiary will get a printed card on a paper from CSC Centre.
- This card can be used at hospitals to claim the benefits under Ayushman Bharat Abhiyan.
Shri Ajay Prakash Sawhney, Secretary, MEITY, and other dignitaries were present on the occasion.